Fun Times at Big Water
Over the course of the summer our campground has a number of events, there are always things to do at the campsite. Our campground has added a gallery of images of some of the special events or days we have at Bigwater Camprground. I have also enclosed below a brief overview of some of this years upcoming events and attractions that you and your family might want to checkout that will make your outdoor camping experience and visit to Timmins more enjoyable.
ATV TOUR DAY
Enjoying Timmins and Area while camping at Bigwater Campground near Timmins Ontario:
Bigwater Campground is a 12 minute car ride outside of Timmins, a Northern Ontario city that is known for its rustic beauty, partly cause of the more then 500 lakes that dot the area and its history tied to the forestry and mining community. While staying at Bigwater Campground you may want to check out a few special local highlights, that could make your visit to Northeasetern Ontario special. Not looking to take a trip into the Boreal Forest, but still want to see a moose, check out Cedar Meadows Wildlife Park. On your tour you can see bison, elk and moose.
1. The Timmmins Square has 390,000 square feet of shopping space making it the largest regional shopping center in Northeastern Ontario.
2. Looking to golf: check out-Spruce Needles, Hollinger and Sandy Falls. Call ahead to book your tee off time. Spruce Needles you can book online and check availability..
3. When you come to a mining town, take a tour at the Gold Mine Tour.
4. In August, northerners en mass go hunting in the forest, armed only with a pail for the elusive blueberry.
5. The Timmins recreation trail network is for walkers, hikers and cyclists. Today, they have developed 50km of trails.
For the Outdoors Adventurirst:
1. Northern Ontario -TImmins is home to some amazing lakes in the area, our own lake Bigwater is home to walleye or pickeral, northern pike and perch.
2. Northern Ontario is ATV heaven. Literally thousands of km’s of bush roads are available to be explored:
3. Canoeing, kayaking, their is a river to meet everyones skill level from class 1 to class 3 within a hour or two of Timmins.
1. Chinese restaurants where the recipes have been passed down for 4 generations,
2. Italian Dante Club where the pasta is homemade,
3. The fishbowl where sisters have taken serving fish to the highest levels
4. Shania Twains favourite pizza “Dons Pizzeria” try the thin crust.
Events Happening in Timmins 2013 Summer:
May 28th-30th Canadian Mining Expo: Canada’s Largest Gold Mining Show: Take in over 400 exhibits, if you are planning to come to the Show bring your trailer. We will have a number of spots available and we are 12 minutes from the Canadian Mining Expo venue.
July 1st Celebrating Canada Day in Timmins, take the family camping, spend the day on the beach and when the evening comes, take the small trek into town and be awed with the firework displays.
Great Canadian Kayak Challenge and Festival, and it became successful because of support of the community. It was named one of the Top 100 festivals in the province of Ontario. It is a celebration which welcomed both international and domestic audience.
Timmins own Music in the Park:
Every Wednesday night a local musical group will perform freely at the Hollinger Park. Timmins has produced some remarkable talent, come see who might be our next singing sensation.